We look forward to welcoming passengers in what is expected to be a very busy week ahead as travellers depart for their half term getaways.
Before you travel
• Passengers must confirm there is ticket availability and book tickets before travelling to the port.
• Kent County Council has produced a ‘check before you travel’ guide that we encourage all passengers to visit to ensure they are prepared for their journeys.
• It is advisable that passengers pack adequate supplies, including food and water, in case they are delayed.
• We ask that all allow plenty of time for their journey and advise ferry passengers to check with their chosen operator for updates.
On your way
• Please only travel to the Port via principal routes to avoid causing traffic issues for local residents.
Getting through as quickly as possible on arrival at the Port of Dover
• We ask that passengers aim to arrive only for their allotted sailing.
• Passengers must have their documents ready to show at French border controls and check-in booths to ensure a swift transit, as this reduces the queuing time for other vehicles. This includes passports, vaccination certificates or Covid test results, if applicable.
• Passenger Champions will be situated on-site to provide assistance and information.