With the first glimpse of spring here, and a fresh look and identity recently launched by the Port, Dover’s biggest ever all year-round events showcase has been announced for English Tourism Week, with the new waterfront as its base.
Following on from the opening of the new Marina on 1 April, “Music on the Curve” will be the first event starting in the spring, with weekly entertainment then continuing through to Christmas. Special events will also be added to celebrate cruise calls.
Diederik Smet, Placemaking, Events and Partnership Manager at the Port of Dover said:
“We are really excited to be announcing this new programme, which will showcase the best of the coast using Dover’s fantastic new outdoor public platform, bringing communities together nationally and globally.”
“Spanning across the revived waterfront, these events will inspire people to be immersed in local culture, history and charm in a modern and sustainable way. I look forward to working with the team here and our local partners to continue to adapt the program even further in the future.”
There’s something for all, with live music and entertainment on the Marina Curve, award-winning local food and drink al-fresco style, screenings of world events, plus returning favourites such as the Regatta and Christmas festivities back with a new modern twist…
Further information will be available in due course and the programme will develop throughout the year. Sample events are below and are weather dependent.
Any musicians interesting in performing at Music at the Curve can apply here
- Music at the Curve – late spring through to October.
- King’s Coronation Weekend
- Dover Marina Showcase – 20th May
- Dover Regatta – 1st July.
- Wimbledon screening
- Rugby World Cup
- Christmas Dover Winter Light Up
- Christmas at the Curve
Notes to Editors
- The Port of Dover is closing the gap every day between the UK and the world by connecting trade, travel, visitors and communities locally-globally, collaborating with local and international partners to create a more seamless, sustainable and tech-enabled port.
- As the UK’s busiest international ferry port and a vital gateway for the movement of people and trade, Dover handles £144 billion of trade per year, 33% of UK trade in goods with the EU and welcomes over 11 million passengers.
- Dover is also an award-winning cruise port, delivering world class travel and visitor experiences to the most prestigious cruise lines. With a growing and diversifying cargo business operating from state-of-the-art facilities, a brand-new marina which is a major feature of the exciting waterfront development, and opportunities for further expansion in the future, Dover’s proud history dating back 400 years has a new modern twist.